Save the date for the 12th annual Texas Fruit Conference, a Texas A&M AgriLife Extension educational conference developed and delivered by the TAMU Department of Horticultural Sciences in an effort to bring fruit growers, Extension specialists and researchers together to increase the opportunities and sustainability of growing fresh fruit in Texas.
DATES-October 18-20, 2023, Fredericksburg, Texas
Schedule of Events
- Intro to Fruit Growing Workshop, Wednesday morning, Oct. 18th, Gillespie County AgriLife Extension Office, 38 Business Ct., Fredericksburg, TX.
- Tour of commercial fruit producers-Fredericksburg area, Wednesday afternoon, Oct. 18th.
- Educational Seminars-“Rethinking Texas’ Fruit Opportunities & Challenges“, Thursday, Oct. 19th, 8am-4:30 pm, Gillespie County AgriLife Extension Office.
- Taste of Texas Fruit Reception-Thursday Evening, Oct. 19th, Tatsch House, Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Park, Fredericksburg.
- Hands-On Intensive Training–Orchard/Vineyard Irrigation, Friday Morning, Oct. 20th,Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Viticulture & Fruit Lab, 259 Business Ct., Fredericksburg.
Lodging Options: Fredericksburg is a busy city in October. We recommend making lodging arrangements well in advance!
Two Fruit Conference hotels with competitive rates have been established:
- Inn on Baron’s Creek, Fredericksburg-
Inn on Barons Creek | Hotels in Downtown Fredericksburg – Fredericksburg TX Inn
- Best Western Sunday House Inn, Kerrville-Best Western Sunday House Inn | Hotel Rooms
Dr. Monte Nesbitt, Coordinator, (979) 862-1218, firstname.lastname@example.org
Leslie Pressler, Viticulture & Fruit Lab, (830) 990-4046, email@example.com