Welcome to the Earth-Kind® On-Line Master Gardener Training. This program is designed to provide information on a variety of environmentally friendly (Earth-Kind®) practices for use in the home landscape and garden. As your interest and knowledge in this area grows you will have an increased awareness of the many programs, practices and activities that are Earth-Kind®.
Texas Master Gardeners can select from any of these on-line modules to obtain up to 3 hours of re-certification education credits in a calendar year. Each module is worth 1 hour of credit. Master Gardeners are not encouraged to seek re-certification credit for training modules they have completed in previous years.
Progress through the training program is tracked “on-line” and the results for each completed module are automatically forwarded to your county Master Gardener Coordinator.
Participation in the Earth-Kind® On-Line Master Gardener Training will assist Texas AgriLife Extension Service to promote principles and practices that help conserve and protect our state’s valuable natural resources. Working together we can create a healthy and sustainable environment.
To complete a module follow these steps:
- Click any link below to view the online educational presentation for the associated topic.
- Click on the quiz link under each associated video and CAREFULLY FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS.
Looking for the Earth-Kind® Challenge instead? Click here.
NOTE: Participants must complete the quiz and evaluation to receive re-certification credit.
- Landscape Water Conservation Training
- Low-Volume Irrigation Training
- Irrigation System Auditing Training
- Safe Use and Handling of Pesticides in the Landscape Training
- Safe Use and Handling of Fertilizers in the Landscape Training
- Reducing Landscape Waste – Composting Training
- Designing an Earth–Kind® Landscape Training
- Landscaping for Energy Conservation Training
- Creating Native Habitat Training
- Earth–Kind® Roses Training
- Integrated Pest Management Training
- Pest Management for Crape Myrtles Training
- Rainwater Harvesting Training