May 27 & 28, 2023
(Saturday & Sunday)
9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
The Wedding Bouquet class is intended to assist current professional florists and event planners in upgrading their wedding/personal flower design skills. Some experience with wedding designs is suggested, but not required to register for this class.
The Wedding Bouquet Design class covers topics such as:
- Hand-tied Bridal Bouquets
- Foam Holder Bridal Bouquets
- Wedding Trends
- Floral Jewelry
- Pricing wedding flowers
- Wedding consultations and wedding policy suggestions
Upon completion of this 16 hour class, students receive a Certificate of Completion bearing the names of the Benz School and Texas A&M University.
Upon request, Texas A&M University will furnish a transcript of Continuing Education Units (CEUs) earned through class at the Benz School. The CEU is recognized by employers, associations, and organizations across the nation. The Benz School of Floral Design is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Universities, the agency that provides accreditation for Texas A&M University.
The Benz School also is approved by the National Vocational Rehabilitation Act, which makes financial benefits available to students who qualify.
Textbook – Flowers: Creative Design, Johnson, McKinley, Benz is available from the TAMU Press at the following link.
http://www.tamupress.com/product/Flowers,1907.aspx . Use the discount code “ag” for a 20% discount.
LOCATION and FEES
Classes are held in the floral design studio at Texas A&M University in College Station, TX (Horticulture/Forest Science Building, Room 108). The tuition is $550.00 which includes all class materials, supplies, and printed hand-out materials. Full payment is required at the time of your registration.
If your registration choice is remote (off-campus), the distance learning component will work as follows:
1. Registrants will be able to view the class demonstrations via a live stream Zoom meeting.
2. Registrants will need to download a Zoom video meeting/chat app on their computers/tablets/laptops to have both video and live discussions that will follow the live streaming demonstrations. We will provide the web address of the video meeting/chat app and live stream site about one (1) week prior to the start of class. A set of access credentials will be sent to registrants to gain these accesses.
3. A dedicated web page will be created for the posting of handouts with easy access for student downloads.
4. A box of materials will be sent (overnight) to each registrant containing the supplies for design projects. Students will provide their own tools. A list of tools will be provided upon registration.
5. Registrants must have laptop/tablet/computer video capabilities to be able to interact with the instructor as they create and ultimately finish their projects.
6. Each day will be interspersed with live designing, design critiquing, and PowerPoint discussions.
7. Certificates of completion will be mailed to students following the successful completion of a class.
8. Online/remote participants must be located in the United States.
9. It may be necessary for online/remote participants to procure a few design materials locally. This will be kept to a minimum and a list will be provided the week before the class begins.
For more information or for questions about technology needed to participate in these classes, please contact:
Barbara Volk-Tunnell, Benz program assistant
or Bill McKinley AIFD, Benz director
Requested refund two weeks prior to scheduled class = full refund less $50.00 admin fee
Requested refund one week prior to scheduled class = 50% refund
Requested refund less than one week prior to scheduled class = no refund
Parking is available in TAMU Lot 74. Parking permits are not required for WEEKEND ONLY parking in Lot 74 during summer break.
Students must bring their own set of basic tools that should include a floral knife, stem cutters/snips, wire cutters, ribbon scissors and small needle-nose pliers..
Online Registration Instructions – click the underlined link “Benz School Flywire’ link below to register for this course online.
Benz School Flywire – then click on the “Classes & Workshop” thumbnail and select the course that you would like to register for.
There are many motels/hotels in the Bryan/College Station area from which to choose. Please click the following link for a list from the B/CS Visitors Bureau:
Lodging List from B/CS Visitor Bureau
For additional information, please contact Barbara Volk-Tunnell at (979) 845-1699 or email@example.com