May 28 – 29, 2022 (Both On-campus & Live Online Instruction)
Oftentimes the use of foliage in floral designs become perfunctory and understated. This course is focused on foliage enhancements that can transform a rather mundane floral arrangement into a true floral design. Emphasis will be placed on the myriad of techniques that can be applied to foliages, such as abstracting, folding, color enhancing, weaving and composite leaves. Class designs will be made entirely from foliage using many unusual and interesting foliage types.
Upon completion of this 16 hour class, students receive a Certificate of Completion bearing the names of the Benz School and Texas A&M University.
LOCATION and FEES
Classes are held in the floral design studio at Texas A&M University in College Station, TX (Horticulture/Forest Science Building, Room 108) or via Zoom video meetings. Choose your method of instruction during registration The tuition is $475.00 which includes all class materials (shipping), supplies, and printed hand-out materials. Full payment is required at the time of your registration.
If your registration choice is remote (off-campus), the distance learning component will work as follows:
1. Registrants will be able to view the class demonstrations via a live stream Zoom meeting.
2. Registrants will need to download a Zoom video meeting/chat app on their computers/tablets/laptops to have both video and live discussions that will follow the live streaming demonstrations. We will provide the web address of the video meeting/chat app and live stream site about one (1) week prior to the start of class. A set of access credentials will be sent to registrants to gain these accesses.
3. A dedicated web page will be created for the posting of handouts with easy access for student downloads.
4. A box of materials will be sent (overnight) to each registrant containing the supplies for design projects. Students will provide their own tools. A list of tools will be provided upon registration.
5. Registrants must have laptop/tablet/computer video capabilities to be able to interact with the instructor as they create and ultimately finish their projects.
6. Each day will be interspersed with live designing, design critiquing, and PowerPoint discussions.
7. Certificates of completion will be mailed to students following the successful completion of a class.
For more information or for questions about technology needed to participate in these classes, please contact:
Barbara Volk-Tunnell, Benz program assistant
or Bill McKinley AIFD, Benz director
Requested refund two weeks prior to scheduled class = full refund less $50.00 admin fee
Requested refund one week prior to scheduled class = 50% refund
Requested refund less than one week prior to scheduled class = no refund
Parking is available in TAMU Lot 74. Parking permits are not required for WEEKEND ONLY parking in Lot 74 during summer break.
Students must provide their own set of basic tools that would include a floral knife, stem cutters/snips, wire cutters and ribbon scissors.
Online Registration Instructions – click the underlined link “Benz School MarketPlace’ link below to register for this course online.
Benz School MarketPlace – then click on the “Classes & Workshop” thumbnail and select the course that you would like to register for.
There are many motels/hotels in the Bryan/College Station area from which to choose. Please click the following link for a list from the B/CS Visitors Bureau:
Lodging List from B/CS Visitor Bureau
This course qualifies for 1.6 TAMU CEUs (16 hours)
For additional information, please contact Barbara Volk-Tunnell at 979.845.1699 or firstname.lastname@example.org