Workshops & Events
The Lower Colorado River Authority and Texas A&M AgriLife Extension-Texas A&M School of Irrigation are hosting a Landscape Irrigation System Evaluation workshop for licensed landscape irrigation professionals, water professionals, water conservation coordinators and homeowners. Irrigators who complete this workshop will be allowed to conduct irrigation evaluations for customers on behalf of LCRA.
LCRA along with retail water providers offer free landscape irrigation system evaluations to customers as part of LCRA’s WaterSmart program. The evaluations can help make irrigation systems more efficient, saving water and money. An evaluated irrigation system also is eligible for up to $350 in rebates for water-saving equipment such as pressure-reducing sprinkler heads, nozzles, soil moisture sensors and rain sensors.
Cost: $60 through 11/7, $75 from 11/8 and onsite
4 TCEQ Irrigation License CEUs pending, Registration fee includes lunch.
- Controller settings / trouble shooting with the customer to train them to use it
- Flagging issues and record keeping
- Identifying efficiency measures to improve performance
- Conservation suggestions or changes that can be made to the existing system to increase water savings
- Seasonal water budgets
- Technology usage i.e. sensors, ET programs “Water My Yard”
- Irrigation and Maintenance of Drought-stressed Trees
- Charles Swanson, Extension Program Specialist, Texas A&M School of Irrigation, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service, College Station
- Brad Hamel, Regional Urban Forester, Texas A&M Forest Service, Austin