These days image mapping programs are readily available and it is unlikely that you would map an image by code. However, this is a handy skill to know if ever there is a need to change the code in small ways.
The assignment is to construct a series of Web pages that behave according to the one illustrated at this link. All images and pages have been provided for you. Simply right click the images to save them to your folder. Below are links to premade pages. For the html pages, go to the link and under view save the source or page source into your file.
- Important features:
- The use of frames is required.
- The link to FileMakerPro.com on the intro page opens into a new window.
- The "input forms" link should load in the right hand frame (even though it is not illustrated this way).
- The link at "can even display images" on the CDML page should load in the right hand frame (even though it is not illustrated this way).
- The image labeled "menugrid.jpg" is to be used in writing the imagemap for the navigation frame; assume it to be 80x400 pixels (widthxheight). The major grid lines are 20x20 px.
Post your completed pages into a folder labeled "imagemap" in your student folder. Your assignment will be graded according to the following criteria:
- navigation between pages correct according to example;
- pages serve properly from student's folder;
major grids 20x20 pixels
Link to the 605 Index