Mrs. Parsons' Peach Crisp
Place peach slices in an 8-inch square baking pan Cream butter and 3/4 cup sugar. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Spoon mixture over fruit.
- 3 cups sliced fresh or canned peaches
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup boiling water
- Whipping cream or ice cream (optional)
Sift together 1 cup sugar, cornstarch, and nutmeg; sprinkle over batter. Pour boiling water over top. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour. Serve with whipping cream or ice cream, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings.
| PLANTanswers Home | Aggie Horticulture |