Texas Onion Caviar
Combine all ingredients. Let marinade overnight in refrigerator for best flavor.
- 1 cup chopped Texas SpringSweet or Texas 1015 SuperSweet Onion
- 8 ounces black-eyed peas, cooked
- 1 (2-ounce) jar pimientos, diced
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh jalapeno, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
Serve with tostado chips as an appetizer or as a salad with grilled meats or hamburger.
Makes 6 servings.