Texas SpringSweet Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
Tangy berries complement the sweet crunch of SpringSweet Onions in this low-fat, healthful salad.
In small bowl, combine yogurt and vinegar; add salt, mustard, garlic and cilantro. Slowly add oil, whisking just until blended. Combine onion rings and 2 to 3 tablespoons dressing. Toss to coat well. Set aside.
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, parsley or mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups Texas SpringSweet or Texas 1015 SuperSweet Onions, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 4 cups assorted salad greens
- 1 cup fresh raspberries or sliced strawberries
In large bowl, combine onion rings, salad greens and dressing. Toss until greens are well-coated. Gently stir in raspberries. Or, toss greens with remaining dressing; arrange on individual salad plates and top with onion rings and raspberries. Serve at once.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving: 59 calories; 2.4 g protein; 1.2 g fat;
11 g carbohydrate; 3 g fiber; 0 mg cholesterol; 139 mg sodium