Date of Inspection:
- Are floors well maintained to provide secure footing?
- Are aisles sufficiently wide to provide easy movement?
- Are stairs free of chips or cracks?
- Are non-slip surfaces provided?
- Are stairwells properly illuminated?
- Are handrails provided and securely fastened?
- Are non-slip feet on all portable elevated structures?
- Are fixtures and furniture free of splinters or sharp edges?
- Are desk and file drawers easily operated?
- Are file cabinets anchored to prevent tipping?
- Is castered furniture easy to move?
- Are heavy machines properly and securely mounted?
- Is all electrical machinery equipped with ground wire?
- Is use of extension cords prohibited?
- Are all electric cords, plugs, and switches in good repair?
- Are moving parts and “pinch points” guarded?
- Are operators of machines properly trained?
- Are machines turned off and/or electric plugs disconnected when repairs or adjustments are made?
- Are scissors, knives, pins, razor blades, and other sharp items safely used and stored?
- Is use of sharp spindle files prohibited?
- Are female employees cautioned about the hazards of restrictive or frilly clothes, excessive jewelry, and extremely high heels?
- Is adequate number of proper sized ashtrays available? Is smoking prohibited in hazardous areas? Are ashtrays properly and frequently emptied?
- Are all flammable materials stored in metal cabinets?
- Are used cleaning waste or rags kept in closed metal container?
- Are storage areas kept clean and orderly?
- Are all electric machines or heat producing elements turned off when not in use?
- Are heating elements – coffee makers, griddles, portable electric heaters properly wired, safely placed, and on regular maintenance service?
- Are proper type and number of fire extinguishers available? Are employees trained to use extinguishers?
- Are employees instructed in fire reporting and emergency duties?
- Are employees instructed in the proper lifting techniques?
- Do employees apply safe work habits?
- Does the department participate in and support the overall safety program?
List all noted unsafe acts:
Recommendations, observations, and comments: