Is Air Heavy?
Time: 15-20 minutes Materials needed:
- 3 balloons (equal size)
- 2 equal lengths of string
- wire coat hanger
- small glass
- Attach two balloons, one on each end of a wire coathnger, with equal lengths of string. The coat hanger should balance.
- Remove one balloon, blow it up and put it back on the hanger. Which balloon is heavier?
- Fill a large jar with water. Push a small glass upside down in the jar. Does water enter glass? Why or why not?
- Blow up a balloon and tie it off. Fill a bucket with water. Push the inflated balloon down into the bucket of water. What happens?