All shelf-stable acid and acidified foods should be submitted for shelf-life and safety testing. This is a two part process:
Send one container of each product to:
Dr. Al Wagner
TAMU 2134, Room 225
College Station, TX 77843-2134
NO FORMULAS – PLEASE!
- Include your processing parameters and ingredients.
- Please let me know if your starting ingredients are fresh, frozen canned, etc.
- Please include all of your contact information including address, phone number, fax, email address, etc.
- Product evaluations will be sent via email. Please include a valid email address with each submission.
- Please include fee with your samples (see below).
Please note: There is a $75 (as of January 1, 2013) fee per product to be tested. Please send a check payable to:
TEXAS AGRILIFE EXTENSION
No results will be sent until payment is received.
Refer to list of approved laboratories (see the table below); pick the one most suited to your location. Send them two containers of each product. They will incubate one at 25°C and one at 35°C for 30 days. Then they will test for aerobic plate count; lactic acid bacteria; yeast and mold. Remind them to send a copy of lab report to Dr. Wagner.
You will then receive a product evaluation form from Dr. Wagner’s office. This form should be kept on file at your place of business. If you are using a co-packer they should have a copy on file.
|Address||City, State, Zip||Phone||Fax||Website|
|Analytical Food Labs, Inc.||865 Greenview||Grand Prairie, TX 75050||972.336.0336||972.623.0055||www.afltexas.com|
|Food Safety Net Services, Ltd.||199 W. Rhapsody||San Antonio, TX 78216||210.308.0675||210.308.8730||www.food-safetynet.com|
|DFW Location||2545 I Street||Grand Prairie, TX 75050||972.602.2078||972.602.2248|
|I.E.H. – Quanta Labs||9330 Corporate Drive, Ste. 703||Selma, TX 78154||210.651.5799||210.651.9271||quantalab.com|