Mixed Hanging Baskets: Tips for Making Mixed Baskets
Pages in this article:
- Learning to use the color wheel is important for putting together mixed baskets.
- Mixing color and textures are the two most important elements of designing a pleasing mixed basket.
- One can use all the same color of flowers as long as the texture of the plants is varied.
- Colored foliage will naturally make a mixed basket more interesting.
- The form of the plant is also important but itís easier to get it right. Just be sure to use mounding plants in the center of the basket and trailing plants on the outside edges.
- Vigorous growing plants work well and will not be overbearing if just one plant is used and placed in the center of the basket.
- Appealing combination baskets can be made with plants that are valued for just their foliage.
- Plants that have flowers on long stalks will stand up above the foliage and make a better impression than more compact bloomers.
Next Page: Cool Season Mixed Baskets